Freeman: Cucumber Peel-Off Mask

I remember this mask being featured in one of Michelle Phan's videos used to prepare the skin for makeup and decided to pick it up ...


I remember this mask being featured in one of Michelle Phan's videos used to prepare the skin for makeup and decided to pick it up last month. Not only that, but the cucumber component, no parabens and product claims drew me in to trying out Freeman's Cucumber Peel-Off Mask~ The fairly large tube contains a generous 175 mL of gel which should be good for at least a few months. The shelf life is 36 months so nothing to worry about there. 

'A super-cooling, skin-quenching mask that gently peels away impurities that can cause skin to be rough and dull. Cucumber and Aloe soothe while moisturizing, ensuring skin feels soft and silky-smooth after every use. Perfect for normal to combination skin'

To use: Apply evenly to face, avoiding eye area. Leave on 5-10 minutes or until dry. Gently peel off mask. Rinse with warm water. Use two times a week or as often as needed'



(I made a bubble hehe...) 
The most noticeable thing about the mask was the smell. The scent of a product is a major factor in deciding whether I like it or not haha. Fortunately though, even though this mask smelt super strong at first, it's not unpleasant and goes away shortly after you apply it on your face. 

Despite how thick the gel is, squeezing it out is pretty easy. Only downside is that you need to be careful not to have too much excess gel surrounding the opening otherwise it dries up , gets messy and just makes things harder the next time you want to use it. >:( 


One thing I learnt with this mask was to not apply a thick layer since it took longer to dry and left parts of my face sticky. Also, when you apply a sticky mask like this it's pretty important to keep random hairs away because I had to encounter the hassle of having all my baby hairs clinging to my face.


Cheeky pores :( 
I usually leave mine on for at least 20 minutes after a shower every 3 days or so. Makes your face super shiny so that aspect is amusing too. As for cooling, I'd say there's a very slight effect- nothing extremely refreshing or minty like other masks I've tried. 


Rating: 4/5
Leaves my skin feeling soft after every use and I always look forward to the peel-off process. Works well with my oily skin! 

Conclusion: This is a mask I'm glad I purchased! I was always curious about peel-off masks so decided to pick this up in Watsons Malaysia for RM16.  Today I discovered it at Coles for $9.99 (Way cheaper in Malaysia anyway :p) Only downside is that the glue-y texture can be a bit of a hassle, removing it from your eyebrows etc. 





You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I should try it out! Usually, I use face masks haha :D
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you get the chance, I'd recommend you try it out :D I want to know which face masks you use!

      Delete
  2. Ah yes, back when Michelle Phan actually did makeup tutorials, heh.
    I remember wanting to try this mask for the longest time too, pretty much because PEEL OFF MASK. This one sounds really nice, but I probably won't ever pick this up because I've already got a giant mask stash to tackle *-*

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She came up with so many ideas with looks but I've never really given them a go :p I might try. and yes PEEL OFF MASKS ARE SO MUCH MORE FUN~ You just don't examine the gunk like blackhead strips. I'd love to see your giant mask stash * u *

      Delete
  3. Hm, I didn't like this mask when I tried it. Maybe I didn't apply it that well, but I found it hard to take off! It also didn't do much for me :/

    ReplyDelete