Time to Prime: 3 Eyeshadow Primers

Primers primers primers! This product causes makeup beginners to scratch their heads and wonder, 'Why would you use something that ...


Primers primers primers! This product causes makeup beginners to scratch their heads and wonder, 'Why would you use something that doesn't show up on your face?' or 'wouldn't moisturizer be enough?' At least that's what I thought when I first learned about primers. For a long time, I did use facial primers every time prior to applying foundation but you'll find out why I don't in the next post! Today's all about eyeshadow primers :D


This Nude by Nature Mineral Primer is my current favourite because I find it suits me most out of the three. Unlike primers with a doe-foot applicator, it comes in a regular tube with a thin cream consistency that doesn't need blending (blends transparent). I only use a tiny bit each application (so 20mLs is plenty!) and it absorbs quickly for smooth transition to eyeshadow~!!





And my least favourite - Australis Eyeshadow Primer. I wouldn't say I dislike this product but it just so happened that it was outshone by the others. There's 10mL of the product and to be honest I've only used it maybe twice? I didn't notice much of a difference and preferred to skip using it. 


Swatches of the three (from top to bottom)
1. e.l.f Eyeshadow Primer $3 AUD
2. Nude by Nature Eyeshadow Primer (not sure of RRP, received in gift pack)
3. Australis Eyeshadow Primer $12.95

The e.l.f eyeshadow primer was my first eyeshadow primer purchased before e.l.f was available in Australia. It got the job done but over time it did dry out and would show up patchy and hard to blend on the lids. Some days I wear eyeshadow without the primer and it's fine but primer is a must for heavier eye looks.

Which eyeshadow primers do you use? (Please tell meee!!)




You Might Also Like

0 comments