Daiso Brow Pencils

I'm very simple when it comes to brows. It was actually the most bizarre thing I remember learning about makeup when my mum told me t...


I'm very simple when it comes to brows. It was actually the most bizarre thing I remember learning about makeup when my mum told me that people actually draw them in! ( O.o like what?!) We were prepping for my cousin's wedding and it was the first time I had ever seen mum filling hers in. Of course over time , I realised that it made the biggest difference in framing the face and I practiced with different methods of applying e.g. angled brush with powder and wax vs. pencils. I've hardly gone out of my way to explore different brands of brow products but I have experimented with these Daiso retractable pencils  which are all convenient, adorable and affordable.

A quick lowdown on the three:

1. A dark brown shade with a triangular shape which is handy for filling in quickly (thicker vertically) and defining (thinner horizontally). A clear cap on the product (0.3g of product) and spoolie on the other. The texture is waxy yet easy to build up to the intensity I want. Lasts all day. love itttt.

2. A hot pink pencil of rounded shape that isn't as thick as the first but moreso than the next. This was the first one I had tried and finished using. I liked it enough to bring it with me everywhere- school musicals, camps and travelling overseas because it was the quickest way to do my brows. It's double ended with product on one side and spoolie on the other but because the caps were the same colour, I often got mixed up and opened the wrong end. The texture is slightly more powdery and lasting power isn't as strong as the first.

3.The cutest out of the three, very kawaii. The cap is sparkly and has an adorable floral pattern at the top. It's branded 'Winmax' and there are other Daiso beauty products from the same brand. The packaging is reminiscent of Dolly Wink's eyeliners. The pencil is a thin, pointed circular shape with a texture that I found hard to work with. It was too dry and took more effort to fill in because the shape was so thin and didn't adhere to the skin as well. It's the smallest pencil but doesn't have a spoolie. It's nice to have in the collection but I've hardly reached out for it in the past two years.


(images above and below credits to http://pantip.com/topic/32713452) for the purposes of displaying the packaging. There aren't any unique names given to the products so it's a bit hard to differentiate especially if you don't know what it looks like.


At the end of the day, Daiso's brow pencils are my go to. Super basic but probably not enough if you want to achieve the ultimate 'brows on point'. I'd rank them in the order above with the brown pencil first and the Winmax last. I have gone back to try and repurchase the brown pencil but haven't had luck so far. I love the practicality of eyebrow pencils because I only need to carry one to fill in and blend (with the spoolie) as well as not having to sharpen them either. #winning.


Have you tried the Daiso brow products? 


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I didn't know Daiso had brow pencils, they would be super affordable! What are the shades like? I'm always afraid of budget brow pencils leaning too brown/red which looks so strange with black asian hair!

    http://reveriebelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their brow pencils are one of the best selling products! The shades are mostly brown- dark brown to suit asian hair so I wouldn't worry :p give it a go sometime!
      ~Weng

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried out much beauty stuff from Daiso - hehe I mainly buy stationary and cute (but sometimes useless) things from them XD
    the dark brown one sounds the best! Might keep a look out for these the next time I go to daiso (the next time I travel ><)
    xx Charmaine

    charrmyn || Innisfree Skin Care Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! $2.80 doesn't sound like much but it's so easy to just culminate a bunch of things by the time you reach the checkout haha. Everything's so kawaii it hurts... the closest thing Australia has to Japanese products. They should build one in Perth!

      Delete
  3. I actually don't have a Daiso near me but I always hear people picking up things from there, These look cute with the packaging. I am not a huge brow person I generally just do a quick fill in or put a coloured gel through them and I'm done.

    Nicole xx | www.nicolesbeautybabble.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here haha, when loads of other beauty bloggers do the fill in, wax in, gel setting and fine shaping with concealer I'm just like...nup :p I hope discover the wonders of Daiso sometime! :p
      ~Weng

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks and thank you for popping by :)
      ~Weng

      Delete
  5. YASSSSSS I love all daiso makeup!

    So affordable and the quality is always great!

    I use the Daiso clear mascara as a brow gel too :) Haven't seen them have a brow gel especially yet!

    - athy
    pynkbunny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete