Glass Nail Art

[Image credit to  Hello Maphie ] Ever since I saw photos of this incredible nail art on instagram, I've been wanting to try it ou...

[Image credit to Hello Maphie]

Ever since I saw photos of this incredible nail art on instagram, I've been wanting to try it out myself! (It looks so gorgeous!) It also gave me one of those 'I can't believe no one's thought of this before!'kind of moments. I followed Hello Maphie's 2 minute tutorial here:


It may be 2 minutes but the overall process was waaay longer. 


Tools :
1. a pair of scissors (a pair of really teeeeny scissors were used in the tutorial, probably a lot easier if you have one)
2. Tweezers
3. Cellophane - I ordered these off ebay.
4. Base coat and top coat- The one I'm using from Sally Hansen is both a base and top coat

Steps:
1. Cut out little pieces of the cellophane with the scissors, this was the most time consuming step of the process because I kept losing the pieces :') You can also make them any shape you want, in my case I just went with triangles.

2. Apply a layer of base coat

3. When your base coat is almost dry , place the cellophane pieces on your nails, making sure that little edges don't poke upwards.

4. When you are complete with placing the cellophane pieces, apply a layer of topcoat (or two)


I love how delicate and intricate this nail art is! Only problem is that it started flaking off after about a day you'll have to keep reapplying clear coats if you want them to last longer. Hope you guys will give it a go :) 











You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Beautiful! I want to try it as well ♥ Thank you for sharing it with us~

    Have a nice day ^^

    ddalginanabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful idea!

    Kez | acaciasdreams.com

    ReplyDelete